ALL HALLOWS PARISH LIFE
Despite constraints of the global COVID-19 pandemic, fellowship activities at All Hallows Parish have increased since March 2020. A day does not go by without an opportunity to gather virtually with fellow parishioners for various activities. Additionally, some of the most popular activities have come about through the initiative of lay members of our parish.
The results? For one thing, our appreciation of technologies has grown to the point that there is an increased desire to keep online resources available even after this pandemic is over and in-person gatherings are safe again. Also, regular attendees of services at both the Chapel and Brick Church have been brought closer together, and stronger friendships have been forged. Perhaps most importantly, the time we have together has helped us maintain a sense of belonging and connectedness so vital to both mind and spirit. Please join us!
In the words of Bishop Sutton, “Stay calm. Stay connected. Stay church.”
VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM
- Daily: Fellowship (BYO coffee) following Morning Prayer and Sunday Ante-Communion services
- Monday: All Hallows Gardeners
- Alternate Wednesdays: Choir Social Hour
- Thursday: Sunrise Qi Gong
- Friday: Quilting Group Meeting*
- Saturday: Adult Christian Formation*
- Alternate Saturdays: All Hallows Happy Hour & Trivia Social**
* In-person activities previously available (prior to going virtual).
** Day and time occasionally subject to change.
PARISH LIFE PRIOR TO COVID-19
When we were able to meet in person, parish life was anything but dull at All Hallows. We enjoyed a wide range activities and events on a regular basis and throughout the year. Among these were the following activities, which we hope to resume once the pandemic is over:
- Coffee hour and refreshments after all services on Saturday and Sunday
- October: Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and Blessing of the Animals with refreshments (Chapel)
- Fall: Evensong followed by reception (Chapel or Brick Church)
- November: Sunday closest to All Hallows Day. Festive reception following our Feast of Title Evensong (Chapel or Brick Church)
- Mid-December: Festive reception following Lessons and Carols (Brick Church)
- Christmas week: Rector’s Christmas party (potluck at Rectory)
- January: Festive Coffee Hour following Lessons and Carols (Brick Church)
- February or March (Shrove Tuesday): Mardi Gras Pancake Supper and Silent Auction
- February–March: Lenten Soup Supper
- Easter: Sunday school egg hunt and festive coffee hour
- Spring: Evensong followed by reception (Chapel)
- Late spring–early summer: Parish picnic, typically coinciding with end of Sunday school year (Brick Church grounds or Rectory)
- Father’s Day: Pies galore at coffee hour (Brick Church)